Friday, December 30, 2005

New Post!!

OK, heckle me go ahead!! I have been busy today and I didn't get a chance to post so, I will do it now. It is a thought that I have had for awhile now, and one that I am going to ask input for. So, here is my idea... I am thinking of a web site for my jewelry you know the jems in the name here! I would like to get one up and started but I am not too sure what I should do, how I should set it up what format I should use. Make pieces and people buy what they see and when they are gone they are gone? Make special order pieces? Like a mothers bracelet, or a special type of stone that someone may want (lapis lazuli, leopard skin jasper)? Or set it up as I would a home show and what you see is what you get take it or leave it. Any thoughts for me? I am supposed to put my stuff into a shop a friend of mine runs. I haven't had the chance to get it to her yet, but this hobby is getting expensive and I need to generate some moola from it!! Well...There is my long...um post! Just throwing out the ideas...Help me out here would ya?

4 comments:

Nikki said...

So I've been checking your blog all day because I didn't want to be the first one to respond...I guess its a pride thing cause I don't want people thinking that I'm online all the time :)

I think if I were you I would only make certain things special order and others buy as you see them. Ya, thats my two cents. We found a great jewelry place out here in NC. I bought like ten pairs of earrings while out shopping (and no, my mom didn't buy all of them)!!

Let me know how it goes

Nikki said...

and you give me a hard time about not having a new post...where's your new post, huh?

Jen said...

OK Nikki, you posted every day!! well since you started your blog, I however don't for fear of missing a day, so mine are a bit more sparce! I AM waiting for ideas for the website and apparently no one cares other than you! AND HEY...old people? OUCH!!hmm...show me a cool pair of earring I could make for a young hip person! Give me ideas...;) Glad that you are home safe and sound!

Nikki said...

I tried to take a picture of the earring and it was not coming out well, any hints for a good pic?