Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

What a busy day! First I had a field trip to the Stone Zoo. What a blast. I wish I was in first grade again! What a great time 10 kids, 7 adults. Lots of wild animals! (pictures to come tomorrow.) We had fun walking around looking at the cougars and the jaguars, spotted mountain lion, Himalaya mountain goats Canadian wolves...Reindeer(did you know they really can't fly?) llamas, boas...and a whole lot more. It was a great time, tiring time too. I think we walked 10 miles!

We came home to find out the girls soccer game was cancelled (secretly I was very happy!)

Megan is 10 today, and in our house birthdays are pretty special when you turn 10 double digits and all...so we went to the mall with Hannah, her very best friend in the whole world! and they had their pictures taken together in their matching outfits. (all the way to the flip flops.) Great pictures the photographer was having a blast with them, it was so much fun for them! We had a great dinner...then (drum roll please....) she went to get her ears peirced! oh what fun. A friend of the family Miss Crosbie came with us for the evening and she decided to get another set of holes done while we were there, so...Meg had company geting her ears done! what fun. (pictures of that will be up tomorrow too)

now it is almost 11:00 and they are still giggling and being little girls but I am very tired and going to go to bed! It has been a very long day~

Pictures will be up sometime tomorrow!! really once I can get it going!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN HOPE :-)

6 comments:

Happy said...

I think the last time I went to the zoo was either 1999 or 2000. I really need to go again. Thanks for the reminder.

Amy and I are going to be on the East Coast for Christmas! Hope to see you at FBC!

Anonymous said...

I owe Magan some birthday beatings!

I'd love to hear about the Stone Zoo.

Shelby and I went to the Roger Williams Park Zoo a few times when we lived in southern Massachusetts, but that zoo is a bit far from us now in Chester.

We've been to York's Wild Animal Kingdom, and that's fun, but I'd like to know what the Stone Zoo is like.

Maybe I'll remember to ask you when I see you.

But remembering to give Megan her beatings is more important! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! We are enjoying a visit with Aunt Penny and Uncle Karl and we have been excited to see pictures of you and your beautiful family! Hope this finds you and your family well.

Take care!

Luv,
Samantha

Jen said...

Hey Sam!! Glad that you were able to see Mom and Dad! We are missing them awful up here!
I think that it has been WAY too long since we chatted! we should keep it up! ~Jen

Amy said...

Jen, where are you? It's been almost a month!

What's new? Does Megan still love her new earrings? Oh, and as Happy already mentioned, we are going to be on the East Coast for Christmas! We'll be at FBC on Sunday morning, Dec. 24th. Will you be around? I'm hoping to at least see you and your family since we're only on the East coast for 4ish days.

I miss you and hope to see an update on this neglected blog soon! :-)

Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

booooooooooooooo!!!!!! Now I know where Eric got it. It runs in the family. booooooooooooooooo!!!