Wednesday, August 29, 2007

WHY are we always amazed??

So, if you have read this blog lately and seen the top 10 of the summer you would have read that we are homeschooling the kids this year.

Money has been a little tight for us lately (as many of you know). Well, I made up the list of what we needed for home schooling and also a list of a few books that I would like for the kids. I prayed over this list for quite awhile during the process of writing the list. I didn't want to seem greedy but needed to be the best teacher that I could be.

I have many friends that home school and well...I have learned (both last year with Meg, and now this year with the rest of the kids) DON'T ask too many people for their opinions, first off if they give it to you and you don't take it you offend them! and second you get a whole lot more information than you ever needed!!!

Well, I chatted with a friend of mine about what we were using and why...she quickly said to me "I have all those grades, I will bring them to you tomorrow..." This is a friend that I have only gotten to "know" in the past few months, but have known her for a few years (well, more like 10 years) so...we chatted today, she brought the books to soccer practice and we went through all the books she brought more than the 4 grades that I am teaching and as we looked at them and I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of books she brought me. She told me that she and her husband wanted to GIVE us the books. Knowing that we are working toward the mission field and that money is tight they felt that is what they needed to do. Not only did she give me the grades for this year but also for any year we are home schooling!! 3 FULL boxes of books...imagine when I added up what we needed it was over $1000. I don't even want to know how much the books are all worth that she gave to me!

With TEARS in my eyes, I reminded her of the time that she spoke at our moms group at church and told us to be specific when we pray. Her example was when they were adopting a few kids and needed bed for the children so they all started praying for beds. Faithfully they were praying for beds...and a few weeks later they had beds given to them...beds, not mattresses!! So...her point was to be specific, beds and mattresses...We were praying for curriculum. And looking for it specifically praying that God would provide it for us, either the money of the books...and He did! amazed I just stood in the parking lot and thanked God for once again providing above and beyond what we need and want!

Just thought I would share a little blessing that came our way today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Wonderful news!!! :)

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing how God is blessing you!!! I have tears in my eyes from reading it :-) I love hearing how the Lord works, especially when we see so clearly how He is taking care of us. What a blessing to see Him answer prayers! You and your family are still in mine and I would love to know how I can be more specifically praying for you! I miss you all!