Sunday, September 16, 2007

ELEPHANTS!!!!!!!

That was the theme of Claire's third birthday! We celebrated the important day yesterday. I really can't believe that she is already 3 it seems that just yesterday she was born. How quickly time goes by!

Why an elephant you ask...well, she LOVES them. I am not really sure how or when it happened but she loves them. She picked a stuffed animal off the shelf when she wasn't even 1 and fell in love with it and has been hanging on to them ever since. I have lost count of how many are in the house here! big, little, stuffed, plastic you name it we have it!

I started thinking about a cake and trying to figure out what sort of elephant cake I would make for her and I couldn't find a "pattern" for one so...I just figured it out and viola! we have a purple elephant and glasses to boot!

Well, Claire is 3 I can't believe it, I will quickly tell you of how yesterday started...she often climbs into bed with us in the morning (as most children do) and she was up rather early yesterday so I was trying to pretend that I was asleep so that she would go back to sleep...smothering me with kisses and hugs (which is usually how we wake one another up in the house) she finally realized that it was not waking me up and in a very sweet and quiet voice she said "isn't it my birthday today mommy?" and with that we were all awake! at 6:30 on a Saturday morning. After we had a round of birthday hugs and kisses (again) she jumped out of our bed to go and proclaim HER day!

Go ahead and ask her about her cake, her day! she loves talking about it!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, how cute! I love elephants too!

I'll definitely have to ask Claire about her cake and birthday next time I see her.

Beth said...

Nice glasses on the elephant!

Anonymous said...

That cake is so cute! And you designed it yourself, wow!