Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Big Picture

Have you ever heard something and you know that God has a great plan. Why things happen and we don't understand. Sometimes things happen and a few minutes later you realize oh, yeah... That is why I... Or sometimes it takes a long time to see Gods plan then other times we just will never understand why God does things and we need to trust Him, and know that He is right and good in all that He does.

Phil received a phone call last night. Just around 7:00 a phone call that you don't want to ever get. His cousin's husband was on his way home from work and was hit head on by the car coming his way. His father was going the other direction and saw the accident just after it happened. Not knowing it was his son he went to help and see what was needed for help. His dad was able to ride in the ambulance with him and they had Chris' precious last minutes on earth together. His father was able to hand him off to his Father.

I can't even begin to imagine what they all must be going through. Chris had been married to Phil's cousin Allison for 4 yrs. They have a 5 month old beautiful baby boy! He looks just like his dad. We will all enjoy watching him grow up and see what Gods plans are for this family.

We were able to see them a few weeks ago. We all headed up to Maine for a couple of days and we were able to make some great memories with him and the rest of the family.

I am writing all of this trying to think these things through... Asking you to pray for the family to guide them through this, God has a great plan and I can't wait to see what He has in store for all of them and us.

After you read this go and give your kids an extra hug, thank God for them. Give your wife/husband an extra kiss. Let them know how precious they are to you, spend an extra moment with them. Life is too short and we need to be prepared.

Are you ready?



The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust.
Psalm 18:2

Trust the Lord your God with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
Psalm 55:22

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

3 comments:

BethsMomToo said...

Jen,
I was so sorry to hear about Phil's cousin. It reminds me of what Dean Mangum preached last week about never knowing what tomorrow will bring. I thank the Lord that Phil's cousin had made peace with God by trusting in His Son. It just points out how we need to make today count for God. I will be praying for his family. I can't even imagine what it must be like for his parents or his young wife. They will certainly be in my prayers throughout these particularly difficult first few weeks.

Jen said...

If leaving a comment on my family blog, please be thoughtful of my children who read this. I do not know who you are I do pray for you. I have never said or done anything against you so please be mindful of who you are effecting when you post things. I do not want to have to make this a members only blog! Thanks for cooperating!

Jen said...

Dean Mangum hit the nail on the head for a lot of things this week. Numbers of things that we take for granted. It has been a hard week for a lot of people and I am thankful that God had him talk about those things on such an appropriate Sunday. God is good!
Thanks for praying for the family, I know they are thankful for all the prayers and so are we!