Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands one nation under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

I find it quiet ironic that I am pushing for a fund raiser at school that is a car magnet that states One Nation Under God!
The paper that I received with the package of material was great these are direct quotes from the paper and I hope that I don't go on too much, but I fear for what this country is turning into and I am saddened to see how quickly people forget the true roots of our country!

We live in a time when even the name of God is being erased from our heritage. God has been asked to leave our schools, out government and even some churches. It is time that we Christians unite to redeem the past, hold firm to our Christian virtues and the foundation on which our nation was established. We are STILL One Nation Under God. We must stand for this truth and not let it slip away or be stolen by those who claim "political correctness"

4 comments:

BethsMomToo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BethsMomToo said...

Sorry about the poor presentation in the other post - Colin needed a ride to pick up his truck and I was rushing. Now, where was I...oh, yes...I was working on the Quiet Time for the SS class today (Betsy is working on hers, right?}In going over Acts 7, the stoning of Stephen, I went back to Jesus warning His disciples in Jn.16:1-4, "...And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me." and in Jn. 15:18-20 Jesus said, "If the world hate you, you know it hated Me before it hated you." I guess we should not be surprised at the current state of affairs.

BethsMomToo said...

OK, I erased the first one so that I could fix it (or I would have laid in bed tonight thinking about it)...Originally I MEANT to say:

I get broadsided now and then by the palpable vehemence and hatred of God and anything connected with Him. The anger in the person who commented on Tim's blog recently surprised me. Apparently it's OK to believe in, practice anything you choose (if it makes you happy), EXCEPT Biblical Christianity and the idea that there is absolute truth we are individually accountable for. Public education, the media, psychology, etc. have all been involved in spreading relativism. Having seen the changes within my lifetime makes the changes particularly startling to me. But we do need to remember that the vast majority of Americans are not behind these changes. So many of the polls demonstrate that. This is a very focused minority wreaking havoc on our culture. In the past all American may not have put their faith in Jesus Christ, but they were, as a rule, desirous at the moral influences of the Bible on our nation. On the other hand, it's possible this may be the natural outcome of the individualism and autonomy that our culture has encouraged from its very inception.

Jen said...

Keith, I don't know you, I do know that you are writing on a blog of a person who doesn't know you and does pray for you, if you do not refrain from writing on this FAMILY blog I may have to see what sort of action can be taken against you. PLEASE STOP!