Friday, September 02, 2005

A New Realm of Parenthood!

We have officially started with braces, this has been a long time coming. And if you knew me or Phil in our teen years you knew that our kids would not be able to go without these wonders! 16 years between the two of us. I may add that our orthodontist was not the most highly motivated among the ortho world! (8 years for each of us!) a bit much if you ask me!!
Well, Abby had hers put on Tuesday morning, pain yeah I would say that she was in pain! But she was a trooper and went to school so that she could go to soccer practice. Now that is devotion! What a girl! Well, she is doing great and has spent may hours in the mirror practicing her smile! (or making sure there is nothing in her teeth)! So, I dropped her off at 9 o'clock and picked her up at 10:15 and they changed my little girl into a teen, Yeah... She looks so different with them!
Betsy will go in a few months for her next appt. They think that she will be in them by spring. $$$$$$$ yeah! So, What do we get out of the deal? (other than nice teeth that bite where they are supposed to!) A mug, yeah a little travel mug! hmm, I wonder if I will get one for each of the kids? I will say that they are nice mugs, will I end up with 6 of them? A nice set!
So, here is a picture of the sweet smile just a few minutes after she had them put on! What do you think?
So, if I do my math right 2X6=12 right? I think that if all the kids have braces for 2 years Phil and I will still have them beat with 16 years between us! hmmm... Ok lets try it this way 3X6=18 OK I would feel better with that one unfortunately I don't think the kids will be in for more than 2 years! I could be wrong!!!

No comments: