Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Watchlet


Have you ever heard of a "watchlet"? Well, my friend actually made the name up. I make jewelry... have you seen it? Look back a few posts, you may come across some things. I needed a watch so, I decided that I would make one and see if I really liked it. It was silver and gold (bali) I liked it, I actually sold one at my home show jsut from wearing it, I guess that really is a great form of advertising. Well, I took the thought and went a little further with it and made a bunch of "fun" watchlets, these watchlets look a lot like the braclets that I make. Whe I was away a few weeks ago, I was playing with the beads and made a stretchy 2 strand watch. I LOVE IT! Well, since then I have been asked to make more of these "watchlets". They really do look just like a braclet with a face on them. I am going to try to modify them and see if I can make the bands "removable" sot hea tyou can make your band match your outfit (or your mood). Does that sound great? Any thoughts on this idea? I am always open for suggestions. Really, I am... Well, I am goign to try to figure out the changeable band thing! Have a great day...
Click on the images to enlarge.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Love the green and silver one! Very simple and elegant!

BethsMomToo said...

Are there different weights of elastic? For a watch I'd think you'd want something really sturdy (lots of putting on/taking off). Looks great!
PS I love my bracelet! I love my necklace, too, but only wear it with certain things. I'm definitely an earring/bracelet kind of gal.

Jen said...

Wendy, I would love to teach you. You do realize the we would have to actually get together to do this sort of thing? :)
Let me know!!

Jen said...

Yes! there are different weights of the elastic, I use the heavier elastic for just about everything! I wear the watch everyday, it gets stretched and pulled and it is still in one piece! Thanks for asking about that!