Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Here it is!

Well, here is the display for the jewelry. It isn't what I had originally been looking for, I wanted a "cottagy" feel (like that word?) to go with the name... I think that it does. I went into Home Depot looking for a miniature picket fence, BUT when you are looking for something specific you can never find it! So, I talked Phil into bringing me to Home Goods to find something to carry the necklaces in so that they didn't get all tangled together. SO, while I was in there... I thought about a table cloth to cover a surface, then I thought a cool napkin will add a splash of color! I found the napkins in the same colors as my business cards. It doesn't get much better... Or so I thought! I turned and stumbled upon these cool placemat that are made out of sticks. YEAH... Walking out of that aisle into the main aisle I looked at the dishes (like I always do, I have a thing for them.) I found these great relish trays(?) to display some of the extra beads that I will bring to my show with me! Within a matter of 5 minutes I had my whole display picked out! After spending quality time in Home Depot with the kids (all of them) Why didn't we go there first?

I have made a bunch of great new pieces! I can't wait to show them! Next week will be so much fun!! I still can't believe that I am going to have a party to show my jewelry. I never thought that I would have a little "cottage" business!
Leave a comment! Tell me what you think!

4 comments:

BethsMomToo said...

Clever, clever use of the placemats to display the necklaces! I never would have thought of it. [Although no one ever accused me of being creative...I'm just a good appreciator of the creative. The world NEEDS appreciators!] Eventually you should try to get one of those revolving display stands for earring cards. (Where DO they get those from?) The relish trays for bead display is also a good idea. You're brilliant! (but we already knew that ;)

Tim Costine said...

there is no such thing as a wasted trip to Man Land (i.e. Home Depot)

Jen said...

Not a wasted trip, just a L-O-N-G trip because the kids didn't want to be there! Thats all, we did get some great ideas while we were there, that is the dangerous part of "man land"

Anonymous said...

Look like a part time job!