Thursday, August 25, 2005

MISSING!

Wow, have you ever gotten that pit in your stomach because suddenly you realize that one of the kids is not where you thought they were? I mean you think that they are outside riding a bike and when you check to see them they aren't there! (no, this does not happen all the time) but it does occasionally happen.
We went to the hospital today to see my mom. She has been in since Monday night with pancreatitis. Not fun for her so, to break up the day for her a little we have been going in everyday after school for the kids to see her and to visit for a little while. A hard thing to do with 6 kids. She doesn't have a private room so, I am on top of the kids to keep them quiet and out of the way. So the kids were cranky and a little tired today so we left. We came home, I gave the kids their jobs and they went their way. Well, Cabot usually just hops right on the bike and is off up and down Nana and Papa's driveway. NOT TODAY! I came in and did a couple of things. And went out to check on the homework situation and Cabot only to find him NOT outside. HIGH ALERT! Where is he? Everyone is looking for him, not in the playroom, not in his bedroom, not in the guest house (aka the homework station!) I know he didn't go into my parents house, they aren't there. Panic... Hmmm... Where is he asleep in the couch in the kitchen (which you can not see unless you walk around the corner) no wonder he didn't answer me when I called him. He looks so precious! I had to take a picture of him! Yeah, that is the laundry I didn't fold today that he is laying on! Good thing I guess he needed a pillow!
I am glad that he is safe and sound asleep in the kitchen!
As always click on the picture to enlarge it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, glad to hear that he is ok.

BethsMomToo said...

Scary. Glad he was asleep!

If "one persons" drives Cheryl mad, how do you think she'd feel about '"one people" had something to say about it'? Fortunately it will now change so she needn't be disturbed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing it out Deb, now I can't stop noticing it.

Jen said...

Well, this only means that more people need to leave comments so that no one is disturbed by this fact! lol