Tuesday, August 09, 2005

up up and away!!!!!

We went to the Pittsfield Balloon Festive on Saturday. A great time! There were lots of fun things for the kids to do, a mini carnival ride area, walk around the craft fair booths, sit in the HOT sun for hours, it was great fun. We arrived around 3:30ish and set up our space. Mom and Dad were there too, as well as Moms sister and her husband (Tracey and Phil). We don't get to see them that much so it was nice visiting for a little while! When we arrived it didn't look like much of a thing to be at, BUT the people started showing up with their balloons, and setting them up. We had fun walking around and watching them blow up and take off. Here are some pictures of the balloons. I didn't know that I had the camera for quite awhile so I didn't get many pictures, but I did manage to take a few! Most of the pictures were during the "glow" the balloons came back after their rides and set up again and it was dusk so the Balloon Master (yes that is really what he is called) Told the when they should all "glow", it was beautiful. Pictures would never do it justice, but here they are... Click on the images to enlarge if you would like!













I hope that you enjoyed the pictures!
We enjoyed the day!

4 comments:

Robb said...

That looks like a lot of fun.
I wonder if my parents went to the festival. They usually attend all the events in town. You were only about five minutes from thier house. Thanks for the pictures.

Robb

Anonymous said...

typical woman - changes blog templates like she changes her mind... :-)

Jen said...

Robb, I didn't see your parents, but there were A LOT of people there, it wouldn't suprise me if they were there, or if the could see the balloons from their house!

Anonymous, yeah! new template just trying to find one to suit me! the green was a bit much and my first one just stopped showing my posts! HA

BethsMomToo said...

Thank you for changing from the green. It was not as pleasant to read as a "quieter" color might be. (I know...I'm boring...)