Thursday, June 09, 2005

VACATION!!

Well, it is here...... SUMMER VACATION. Tomorrow is the LAST day of school, then as I have been reminded of for the past several days,I will have a daughter in JUNIOR HIGH!!!! No, not me, I am truely not old enough for that. Lots of BIG plans this summer, but I think that the most important ones are... memorizing...
I figure, if they can memorize chapters of the Bible at school. (BIG ones at that) I figure, that we can work on a few this summer, the first one will be an easy one, to see just how they all do, and to remind me why we pay the big bucks to send them to school, and don't give into the peer pressure of (ahem) the home school scene. ;-)

Our first verses will be...
Proverbs 15 1-5
1.A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. 2 The tounge of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness. 3.The eyes of the Lord are in every place keeping watch on the evil and the good. 4.A wholesome tounge is a tree if life but perseverence in it breaks the spirit. 5.A fool despises his fathers instruction, but he who received correction is prudent.

We will work on these few verses, and see where it gets us. Our family devotions are in Proverbs right now, so I thought it would be a great idea to memorize them while we are studing them!

Well, beach days are ahead! and lots of family time, I can't wait!!

Hopefully there will be no trips to the ER. I would like to be done with them!! Oh, the stitches came out today, her toe looks great!! hip hip hooray!!
Well, that is all for tonite, big day at the field day tomorrow!!

No comments: