Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Stawberries...

YUM! I just love strawberries and picking them, we went to the farm and picked strawberries on Monday! What an adventure! I think we picked 15lbs in total. We picked them in buckets lined with plastic bags, NOT very good for the berries, when we go again I am bringing my own basket and putting the berries in there. They were ready for the jam when I got home. They were all smushed from the bags and being banged around! What were they thinking at the farm? I wonder how many people are not too happy with the way they are having you pick them at the farm down the road... they don't have any flat boxes like they usually do. Oh well, they still tasted great! here are a few pictures!

We enjoyed strawberry shortcakes... fresh strawberries... and of course, I made jam today yum yum yum!!!
I was only able to make one batch of jam so... we will be going again soon, probably early next week! We do love those strawberries!!
Well, off to be a mother... we are having a sleep over tonight, and the girls need to get to bed!!!

No comments: