Saturday, May 28, 2005

Oh What A Beautiful Day!!

SO, A week of rain! And it is finally over!
I never knew how much the dark and drab weather really affected me. I was SO HAPPY this morning when I woke up and the sun was shining! It didn't rain yesterday, well, it did last night for a little bit!
The girls had a walk-a-thon yesterday at school. It was perfect weather for it, no rain, but the clouds were thick so, it kept the sun at bay. But today! WOW it is in the mid 70's. I actually got a few more plants into the gardens. I have been waiting to do it! They look so nice, I transplanted a few things last week before all the rain started, and I wasn't too sure how they would do, I think that the rain helped them because today as I was walking around checking all the plants, they look great like they have been there forever. Everything is about to POP open! I can't wait for the burst of color!

click on image to enlarge


Can you see all the buds that are on this clematis? I am so happy, It is going to be beautiful in just a couple of days!! The rain helped it grow tons last week probably double what it before was last week! So, I am very thankful for the rain! It does make everything so much more beautiful! Just no-so-much while it is raining!
The dandylions grew out of control this week as well, look for yourself!
Of course my kids think they are the most beautiful flowers in the gardens! HAHA!!
Well, the sun is shining and I am so very happy about that! Lets see what the rest of Memorial Day weekend brings! sun and fun? I hope!!

4 comments:

BethsMomToo said...

And YOU thought the most you would have to worry about on Memorial Day was the weather! Sorry to hear about Anna's foot injury. How do you keep a child that age off an injured foot?

Btw, I need to take you down to the MFA to see the 12th Dynasty jewelry. You would LOVE it!! Be sure to bring a sketchbook to sketch ideas down. Maybe you could find childcare for the little ones and the older ones could come with us. I'm not sure about Cabot. I think he'd like the mummies, but how long is his attention span and can he talk "quietly" for an extended period of time? If I had just him with me I think he would be fine for a couple of hours, but with the girls & you I'm not sure if he would be able to contain himself for that long. What do you think?

Jen said...

MFA would be great fun, I think the only Sat. I have free is June 11. Are you busy? ;)
Cabot quiet. well, I am not so sure!
As for the rest of the girls, yeah, we are up for it. school is out NEXT friday. vacation here we come!! Let me know when you want to go down, we would love it!!
They will all be wearing helmets and full body gear for the summer. I am tired of injuries. And very interesting ones at that!
Anna can walk on her foot, it is bandaged REALLY well. 5 stitches, and I missed the wedding can you believe it? of all the weddings to miss we were looking forward to this one for how long!

BethsMomToo said...

Gist of the wedding:

Jeff: "I will."
Chris: "I will."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

[Now you don't have to feel like you missed anything! ;)]

Jen said...

Hey thanks for the tidbit! I feel like I was there!!